Fresh Grapefruit, when eaten whole, contains many beneficial bioflavanoids and nutrients;
1. Enzymes that impact the way your body deals with sugar making it less likely to be laid down as fat. This may be helpful in preventing obesity and diabetes.
2. Lots of vitamin C, which promotes healing, lessens damage caused by free radical molecules, and may help reduce gum disease.
3. Lycopene, a carotenoid phytonutrient that is known to reduce your risk of prostate cancer.
4. Compounds that boost the activity of liver detoxification enzymes, which help to clear cancer-causing toxins from your body.
5. The flavonoid naringin, which is metabolized into naringenin, an antioxidant reported to help lower cholesterol levels and fight hepatitis C.